- Sunday, January 13: Happy Birthday to Nicole D’Amato!
- Sunday, January 13: Happy Birthday to Connie Oh!
- Tuesday, January 15: Happy Birthday to Lucy Skific!
- Saturday, January 19: Happy Birthday to Janice Lehmann!
- Saturday, January 19: Happy Birthday to Jessica Vangelas!
- Tuesday, January 15, 12:35 pm: Grade 1
- Tuesday, January 15, 2:05 pm: Grade 4
- Wednesday, January 16, 10:50 am: Grade 2
- Thursday, January 17, 10:05 am: Kindergarten
- Thursday, January 17, 1:20 pm: Grade 3
- Monday, January 14, Morning: Grade 3, Writing Pathways On-Demand Release Time
- Tuesday, January 15, 9:30 am: Talent Show
- Wednesday, January 16: Special Lunch – New Year’s Chicken Nuggets
- Wednesday, January 16: Ross out of the building
- Thursday, January 17: PLCs – Grade 2 in the morning, Kindergarten in the afternoon
- Friday, January 18: QSAC
- Shoutout to Lisa Straubinger and Amy Brown for setting up Tuesday’s Family Reading Night!
- Shoutout to Deb Janowski and Doug Kuizema for the time and effort they put into Thursday’s Health & Wellness classes!
- Shoutout to our third and fourth grade teachers for making valuable use of Thursday’s PLC time!
- For Grades 2-4, a noticeable amount of Writing Pathways conversations have focused on the checklists and student self-assessment (which isn’t always easy). Here’s a blog post I wrote not too long ago – 4 Keys to Student Self-Assessment – which contains my current thinking on the topic.
- Blog post – Stop Celebrating Low-Level Learning – by Tom Murray. This blog post, which also contains a fun video, beautifully sums up the role of technology in classrooms.
“The greatest effects on student learning occur…when students become their own teachers.” – John Hattie